Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29: Too Much Wine, Pumpkin Carving, New Cartoon

So, we went to our friends' house for dinner last evening.  Indian food.  Curried chicken and lots of chutney.  And a couple of bottles of wine.  It was a great night, but I think I indulged in a little too much of the beverage of ferment.  I was feeling no pain when I got home.  I can tell I'm getting old, however.  When I used to drink as a younger person, I would get mellow and happy.  Last night, I got sleepy.  I just wanted to see the cold side of a pillow when I hit the front door.  But the visit with our friends was great, and our kids behaved themselves, for the most part.  My daughter even wanted to spend the night, the little traitor.

This afternoon, we carved our jack-o-lanterns.  Both of the face designs came from my daughter.  One is a vampire, replete with fangs and widow's peak.  The other is a puking jack-o-lantern, making heavy use of pumpkin guts.  Something like this...

You get the idea
The pumpkins are carved.  The seeds are cooking in the oven.  The candy is bought and out of reach of little hands, for the moment.  (I admit it.  I snuck a few Crunch bars.  They're just so good.)  I think we are ready for the big night.

I have a new cartoon for you today, in keeping with the Halloween theme of the weekend.  Hope you enjoy it.

Saint Marty hears those Crunch bars calling to him again.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment