Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27: Heavy Traffic, Pumpkin Day, Thick Rain

Wow, traffic is way up for the blog, and I don’t know why.  Yesterday, Saint Marty attained an all-time high of 145 hits in a day.  This morning, at 5:30 a.m., the site already has 91 pageviews.  That’s an insane amount of people seeking out my brand of wisdom.  A little scary.  But I welcome any new followers and encourage you to become actual disciples of Saint Marty.  It’s easy, doesn’t cost anything, and will help you lose at least 25 pounds.  (It has to do with that diet of locusts and organic honey I encourage.)
It’s quiet in the office at the moment, since I’m the only person here.  My favorite time of the day.  In about an hour’s time, others will start showing up, and then it’s all downhill.  I have a busy day ahead of me.  Getting ready for teaching.  Teaching.  Hosting my book club tonight at my house.  My daughter woke up this morning with a sore throat, so my guess is she’s headed to the doctor’s office.  She has a tendency to get strep throat a lot.  I hoping it’s not that serious.  For God’s sake, winter hasn’t even really started yet.
Speaking of which, I saw some really thick rain as I was driving to work this morning.  Not much.  For about two minutes, very fat, white raindrops were hitting my windshield.  I’m really hoping that form of precipitation holds off until after Halloween.  I’m actually hoping for a pumpkin day that doesn’t require winter coats, hats, boots, and mittens.  In the ten years my daughter has been alive, there has been only one All Hallows Eve that didn’t require major arctic gear.  I’m not asking for seventy-degree temperatures.  I’ll accept anything in the fifties, with no wind or rain.  That’s not too much to ask.
I have been working on a new poem, which I will post later this afternoon.  In some ways, it’s a very appropriate poem for the upcoming holiday.  You’ll see what I mean.
Well, I have a quiz to construct for today’s mythology class and a writing assignment to create.
A saint’s work it never done.
Praying to avoid this scene

No comments:

Post a Comment