Friday, October 5, 2018

October 4: Two Reasons, Prolonged Absence, Saint Marty's Day Eve

I am writing this post for two reasons.

First, I want to apologize for my prolonged absence.  I have had quite a week of busyness, with teaching and work and whatnot.  Every night I got home, I was exhausted.  Last night, at 9:50 p.m. when I parked in front of my house, I actually had to sit in my car for a few minutes before I could work up the energy to move.  I was beat.  Today, I traveled to Calumet early, helped write some radio scripts, rehearsed for the Red Jack Jamboree, the radio show that records at the Calumet Theatre, and then had a two-and-a-half hour show.  I am back in my hotel room.  Most of my family is asleep.  I know these are all excuses, but it's all I got.

Second, I want to wish all of my disciples a Merry Saint Marty's Day Eve.  That's right.  Tomorrow is the big day.  Hope you have all of your shopping done and your Saint Marty's Day cookies baked.  You have officially run out of time.

If you were expecting anything of depth or substance today, you are out of luck.  What I have just typed has used up the rest of my brain cells tonight.

Saint Marty is thankful to be able to sleep in tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment