Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June 28: Feeling Old, Judith Minty, Section 9 from "Fall"

I'm feeling a little old tonight for some reason.

I didn't sleep well last night.  It was a combination of a mind that wouldn't stop thinking and a really high blood sugar.  I was up and down all night long.  I woke up more tired than when I went to sleep.  When I looked in the mirror in the bathroom, I saw an old person.  It was a little depressing.

That feeling has stayed with me for most of the day into the evening.  As I sit typing this post, I'm still feeling slightly ancient.

Saint Marty needs a good night's sleep and a drink.

Section 9 from "Fall" in Yellow Dog Journal

by:  Judith Minty

The stories that stay with you.
Like Sally's, about the bear
that looked in at her while she was looking out.

This cabin has no curtains.
What's the point,
there are no people here.
But tonight fur rises on my neck
when the bear bawls for Mother and all I see is
an aging woman at my window.


No comments:

Post a Comment