Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26: Poet of the Week, Judith Minty, "Section 13 from Spring"

Sometimes, I return to collections of poetry and poets because I miss them, like old friends.  I have certain books that I've read many times in my life.  Books from which I can quote entire passages.  They have been my companions for years.

Judith Minty is the Poet of the Week, and I'm going to be giving you poems from her collection Yellow Dog Journal because it makes me happy, gives me hope.

Saint Marty needs an old friend this week.

Section 13 from "Spring" in Yellow Dog Journal

by:  Judith Minty

Though nearly midnight,
the sky is dawn's, shadows
of trees balanced against gray.
When I step onto the chill porch
to look for her, the moon
is there.  Nearly full
she forms a cross through the screen:  north, south,
east and west, reaching out
to mark us all in lunacy,
to set us mixing days and nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment