Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13: Best Medicine, Dorothy Parker, "One Perfect Rose"

I am tired this morning already.  Didn't sleep all that well last night.  Lots of worries on my mind, for my wife, my sick daughter.  I did get to sleep in a little bit.  Usually, I'm awake at 4:45 a.m.  I think I got out of bed at about 7:30 this morning.  Almost three extra hours.

Laughter is the best medicine, and Dorothy Parker always provides it.

Saint Marty needs to call the pharmacy now.  Laughter doesn't cure strep.

One Perfect Rose

by:  Dorothy Parker

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met.
All tenderly his messenger he chose;
Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet -
One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret;
'My fragile leaves,' it said, 'his heart enclose.'
Love long has taken for his amulet
One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment