Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17: Saint Patrick's Day, Andrea Scarpino, "Tissues"

I did my Saint Patrick's Day celebrating last night.  Almost half a bottle of Kahlua and Dancing With the Stars.  I was relaxed to the point of not really giving a shit about anything.  Of course, I paid for my celebration this morning.  Headache and nausea.  The nausea went away.  The headache stayed.

Another Andrea Scarpino poem.

Let it never be said Saint Marty is a sore loser.  Just a little hungover.

Tissues

by:  Andrea Scarpino

We washed clothes,
paisley pajamas, undershirts,
remade the bed,
emptied your prescriptions
one by one, threw away
your insulin, squares
of alcohol.  The laundry
rang another load.
I opened the lid.
Your tissues everywhere
like snow, stuck to our clothes,
dimpled wash bin.
Handfuls in your pockets,
everywhere you go.
Everywhere you went.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all, and to all a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment