Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27: End of a Long Day, Sister and Kids, Prayer for Patience

"Perhaps," she said wearily.  "But I feel like the end of a long day."  Clinging upside down to the ceiling, she settled down for a nap, leaving Wilbur very much worried.

This evening, I sort of feel like the end of a long day, too.  It's not because of work or the fact that I didn't sleep well last night.  I'm actually doing pretty well at my new job.  I did, however, have a pretty rough night.  But, that's not the reason I'm beat.

At the end of this week, my sister is coming from Utah with her kids.  They're spending the entire summer, right through August.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I love my sister, and I love my nieces and nephews.  However, my relationship with this sister is complicated.  Very complicated.  I prefer not to go into detail.  I'm saving that for my memoir.  But, the thought of four months of almost daily interaction with her makes me tired.

So, I'm asking for patience, praying for patience, this week.  I'm going to need it.  Again, let me say that I love my sister and her kids.  Love is not my problem.  Tolerance is.  Understanding is.  I may sound like a horrible person right now.  I'm not.  Neither is my sister.  We're just on opposite sides of a conflicted situation.

Saint Marty is going to need a lot of prayer to get through this summer.

Can't really quit my family

No comments:

Post a Comment