Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20: A Little Tired, Bad Day, Prayer for the World

"I like to sit still," [Charlotte] said.  "I've always been rather quiet."

"Yes, but you seem specially so today.  Do you feel all right?" [Wilbur said.]

"A little tired, perhaps.  But I feel peaceful..."

Charlotte says she's a little tired.  She's just finished spinning her last web, plus an egg sac.  I am absolutely exhausted tonight, but I haven't just laid 514 eggs.  But I had a really bad day at my new job.

I didn't make any huge mistakes.  I didn't kill any patients.  Nothing like that.  It was just incredibly busy.  Chaotic even.  And I felt absolutely useless.  I'm used to being the competent one, the "go-to" guy.  Today, I was more of a hindrance than a help.  By the end of the day, I had a huge headache and a huge case of low self esteem.

Don't worry, I'll get back in the saddle tomorrow morning.  I have no choice.  I'm going to spend tonight staring at myself in the mirror and saying Jack Handey things like, "You're smart.  You're strong.  And people like you."

I'm too tired to come up with a specific prayer intention this evening.  There's a girl at my wife's church who always asks for prayers for the world.  Our broken world.  So, this week, I'm asking all of my disciples to pray for the world.

Saint Marty is ready for some chocolate.

I've got eggs in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment