Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 23: Book Club Tomorrow Night

This week is all about tomorrow night for me.  My book club is meeting at my house.  We're talking about David Rakoff's Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish.  It's National Poetry Month, and I forced everybody to read a novel in verse.  From preliminary reports, I think it's going to be one of the most popular poetry books I've had my book club members read.

Usually, nobody even buys the poetry book I choose for April.  This year, every person bought the book, and I think every person will have read it by tomorrow night.  That will be a first for April book club.

Of course, there's snow in the forecast.

Saint Marty's hoping for rain.  And lots of poetry.  Maybe some pizza.

Even snow won't stop poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment