Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11: Gratitude Number Seven

I am grateful this evening for teaching.

This gratitude is a little double-edged, however.  I'm not sure, with the changes to come in my working situation, whether I'm going to be able to continue to teach.  I have to provide for my family, even if that means forfeiting the classroom.

I've always said that the job at the medical office feeds my family; the job at the university feeds my soul.  This afternoon, I had a great time with my students.  We watched 2001:  A Space Odyssey, a difficult film, to say the least.  But these kids were enthralled, the way I remember being the first time I saw 2001.

I can't imagine not teaching.

Hopefully, it won't come down to that for Saint Marty.

Open the pod bay doors, Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment