Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10: Gratitude Number Six

Despite the severe lack of enthusiasm in my previous post, I am grateful for something today.

It isn't my job at the medical office.

It isn't the fact that I get to screen 2001:  A Space Odyssey to my Intro to Film students this afternoon.

It isn't that it's only 2:15 p.m. and I've already completed most of my major tasks for the day.

I didn't find a fifty dollar bill on my way to the office.

The Department Head didn't call me this morning and offer me a full-time, tenured position in the English Department.

The hospital didn't reconsider its decision to displace me from my job.

None of that happened.

However, I did wake up this morning,  It is almost 50 degrees outside, and it feels like spring.  My family is healthy.  Tonight, I get to go home early and read The Goldfinch for most of the evening.  Maybe I'll buy myself some chocolate to go along with my book.

For all of those small things, Saint Marty is grateful today.

I'd be grateful for one of these


No comments:

Post a Comment