Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15: Words With Enemies

I am currently engaged in some pretty cutthroat games of Words With Friends.  I refuse to give up those triple-word scores, and my enemies are just as stingy.  Yesterday, I beat one of my coworkers.  She was over 150 points ahead of me, and in one fell swoop, I won.  My secret:  I just didn't do anything.  I made a move and then waited.  My opponent was on vacation, and then I was on vacation.  I waited and waited.  She never played, and eventually the program automatically resigned her.  Victory was mine!

Some people might not consider this a victory.  To those people I say, "In your face."  I have beaten my sister and my daughter in this way.  Don't feel sorry for my daughter because she's only 11 years old.  She was beating my by close to 70 points.  I was relieved when her resignation came through.  I am now engaged in a game with her where my first play netted me over 80 points.

I've had a few good moves this afternoon.  However, at the moment, my opponent is replying to my moves at a rate I can barely keep up with.  She just played a "Q" on a triple letter space.  That pisses me off.  I'm sorry to say that this post is wreaking havoc on my Words With Friends.  I need to sign off.

Saint Marty is about to commit alphabetical seppuku.

Stay away from my triple word score!

No comments:

Post a Comment