Friday, June 22, 2012

June 22: Facing the Rest of the Day With a Smile

I am trying to face the rest of my day with a smile.  I will wait for a representative from Blue Cross to call me back with a smile.  I will clean my house with a smile.  I will buy my new TV with a smile.  I will set up my new TV with a smile.  I will work on my new poem with a smile.  I will read Michael Chabon's The Wonder Boys with a smile.  I will go running with a smile. 

In between all those things, I will have lunch and dinner with a smile.  I will probably change a shitty diaper with a smile.  I may go for a walk with my wife and kids with a smile.  I will give my son a bath with a smile.  I will put my son to bed with a smile.  I will watch my new TV with a smile.  I will try to go to bed with a smile. 

Saint Marty will now finish this post with a smile.

Smiling the day away


No comments:

Post a Comment