Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28: Caramel Puffcorn, Roasted Vegetables, Book, and Movie

Well, it is late afternoon, and the members of my book club will be descending on my home in a couple hours.  My wife is cooking the caramel puffcorn as we speak.  The pop is in the fridge (Diet Coke, Diet Mountain Dew, and Diet Vernors).  One of the ladies is bringing roasted vegetables.  Another of the ladies is bringing crock pot brownies (don't ask--I have no idea).  I ordered the DVD last week, and it arrived on Tuesday.  The house is clean, and the air conditioner is ready to go.

Now, all I have to do is finish the book.  No problem.  I'm almost done with it.  Not that any of you really give a crap.  You all probably have much more exciting lives than I do.  You're all going out for yacht rides tonight.  Or to the movies to see a special preview of Dark Night Rising with the director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale.  Or on a flight to Milan for a pizza dinner.  I know my life is pedestrian or uninteresting.  I don't care.

I like pedestrian.  I like uninteresting.  I like roasted vegetables.  I like caramel puffcorn.  I like brownies (the crock pot thing is pushing the envelope).  And I like the Michaels (Chabon and Douglas).

Saint Marty is looking forward to a completely ordinary evening.

This is where I live

No comments:

Post a Comment