Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4: Fun in the Sun, New Cartoon, One Day To Go

Well, one more day until SH shows up.  I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.  I really am.  What's helping me right now is the slow pace of today.  I haven't done too much of anything.  I've gone for a run.  I sat by a pool for a few hours while my daughter played with her friend.  In a little while, I'm going to church.  Sounds like a perfect, lazy day, doesn't it?  It has done wonders for the anxiety I've been feeling for about a month over SH's visit.  I'm going to try to sustain the peace of today for as long as I can.

I have a few things going on for the rest of the day.  After church, I'm going out to my sister's trailer for some pizza, and then tonight is my weekly dose of The Lawrence Welk Show.  If Lawrence Welk can't make you peaceful, if not downright comatose, you are hopeless.  Before church, I may go for another run, simply because I can.  It's about 80 degrees outside, and I love to run in hot weather.

I do have another installment of my cartoon.  I think it's funny.  Having spent a few hours in the sun this afternoon, I'm hoping I don't turn as red as a cherry jelly bean.  I kind of have a very fair complexion.

Saint Marty embraces peace, for the time being.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment