Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23: The Chocolate Drawer


The chocolate drawer
It's been a chocolate drawer kind of day.  It is almost 5 p.m., and I have just enough time to write that I don't have time to write today.  Yesterday, cake was my solace.  Today, I visited the chocolate drawer in our office about 4,291 times.  During those visits, I consumed about 53 mini Hershey bars, 231 Reese's peanut butter eggs, and 237 Butterfingers.  According to my calculations, I have to run approximately 568 miles (basically from my house to Detroit) to work off those candy bars.
My coworker was off today because her spouse had surgery.  Please send good thoughts/prayers their way.  So I was the only game in town, and it was quite busy.  On top of my work in the business office, I had to give a mid-term exam to my Good Books class at the university.

My work, for the moment, is now all done, and I have a few minutes to reflect on how busy I've been.  But it isn't over completely.  I have choir practice and band practice at church tonight.  Then I have to help my daughter with some homework.  (Oh, by the way, I just found out my daughter may have impetigo on her face.  That was worth a couple Hershey kisses from the drawer.)

Now, if I were I real saint, I would find something wonderful in all this crap.  Maybe I would say a prayer over the chocolate drawer, multiply the dark Milky Ways, and feed a small, East European country with them.  However, I don't feel like sharing my chocolate today.

Saint Marty is tired.  Saint Marty is bloated.  Saint Marty isn't giving thanks today.  Saint Marty is eying up another peanut butter egg at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment