Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20: Technical Difficulties

Sorry I didn't get yesterday's post up until today.  We were experiencing some technical difficulties.  Translation:  I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures from my digital camera.  I had to rely on my computer whiz sister to work through the problem.  As you can tell from my last post, the wrinkles have been ironed out.

So, I told you I would give you some more details of how this blog will be changing/improving.  All of the new features are based on the advice of my blog-stalking friend and aimed at bringing in new followers.  I appreciate all of my loyal readers who have been with me since the beginning.  Now what I'm trying to do is become a friggin' Blog of Note and spread the good news as I see it.  So, tell your friends, sign up as a follower, and insure your place in heaven.  (OK, I can't really guarantee the last thing, but I'll say a prayer for each and every person who becomes an official follower of "Saint Marty."  It's the best I can do.)

Here are some of the suggestions my friend Blogstalker gave me:

1)  Change the name of the blog to something snappier.  Hence the new name and site.

2)  Use more personal pictures.  As you can tell, I even used a picture of myself in the last post, and I hate pictures of myself.  Expect more candid shots.

3)  Have some kind of gimmick or hook.  Not sure what I'm going to do for this.  I'm considering the 40-day desert fast diet, tips for performing exorcisms, and writing in tongues.  Just a few things I'm kicking around.

4)  Give-aways.  My friend says people love free stuff.  I'm not sure what I have that anyone will want.  I'll try to work on corporate sponsorship.  I think a free car might attract some attention.  The best I can do right now is hand-made rosaries (and they're not made by my hands--I'm craft-tarded).

Those are the coming attractions.  I hope you'll hang in there with me during this time of transition.  Just a few more steps on my road to sainthood.

Bless all of my readers.  Keep an eye out for the give-aways.  Saint Marty's sure there's something in his attic that may make a good segment on The Antique's Roadshow

Anybody interested in a teddy bear the size on a water buffalo?

No comments:

Post a Comment