Sunday, April 29, 2018

April 28: Daughter, National Honor Society, Out of a Job

A quick post at the end of a long day.

Tonight, I attended the induction ceremony of my daughter into the National Honor Society.  It was incredibly emotional.  I sat in the auditorium, watching this beautiful young woman grow up right before my eyes.  I don't think she really knows how proud I am of her.  How, every day, I'm astounded that I had something to do with bringing such a strong and smart person into the world.

It's pretty difficult for me to think of my daughter as a junior in high school.  That in a little over a year, she will have a graduation cap and gown up in her room.  She will be legally an adult.  And I will sort of feel as if I'm out of a job that I've had since a snowy morning in December over eighteen years before. 

If you can't tell, Saint Marty is feeling a little melancholy right now.  Proud and sad at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment