Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9: P.O.E.T.S. Day, Fate Reversed, Bedpost

Holding up his hands in one last prayer to have his fate reversed, he saw an alteration in the Phantom's hood and dress.  It shrank, collapsed, and dwindled down into a bedpost.

Yes, this passage comes at the very end of Scrooge's time with the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.  He has seen his bleak future, and it has brought him to his knees, literally.  Scrooge is begging the Ghost for a second chance, for time to change his ways.  For Scrooge, change is a welcome thing.

It is Friday.  It is P.O.E.T.S. Day.  I will be posting a new poem later.  I'm still working on it, so you'll have to be patient.  I haven't even figured out what it's really about yet.  My goal is to have it posted by this evening.

I am writing this post on Thursday evening.  For various reasons, I now have to compose my morning posts like this.  My fate has been reversed a little, like Scrooge's.  It's one of those moments of change I hate.  I really liked starting my days by blogging, but I can't do that any more.  I have to plan ahead, work ahead, write ahead.  I'm trying to make the best of it.  Even if I get down on my knees and beg, this Phantom of Blogs Yet to Come is going to be with me for a long time.

Maybe Saint Marty should write a poem about it.

Even chickens don't like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment