Friday, November 30, 2012

November 30: Can't Afford, Idle People, P.O.E. Day

"I wish to be left alone," said Scrooge.  "Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer.  I don't make merry myself at Christmas, and I can't afford to make idle people merry.  I help to support the establishments I have mentioned:  they cost enough:  and those who are badly off must go there."

I understand how Scrooge feels in the above passage.  I don't want to be around people.  I've had a pretty crappy day, and I want everyone dead at the moment.  Idle people.  Merry people.  Fat people. Skinny people.  I'm not discriminating here.  Like Scrooge, I wish to be left alone.

Today is traditionally P.O.E.T.S. Day.  That stands for Piss On Everything Tomorrow's Saturday.  For this week only, however, I'm proclaiming this Friday to be P.O.E. Day.  Piss On Everything Day.  I don't want to do anything but go to bed tonight.  I don't want to type this blog.  I don't want to drive my daughter to the birthday party she's been invited to attend.  I don't want to give my son his bath.  The name says it all:  piss on everything.

Everybody goes through moods like this.  There are reasons behind my crappy attitude.  I don't want to discuss those reasons right now.  I'm cashing in my Scrooge bucks.  If you meet me, don't talk to me.  If you have my phone number, don't call.  If you're tempted to send me a personal e-mail, don't do it.  I find it best to follow my instincts here, and my instincts tell me to have as little human interaction as possible.

Maybe Saint Marty will talk about what's on his mind in a future post.  Or not.  He needs to go to his safe place for a little while.


Even Dickens had bad days


No comments:

Post a Comment