Friday, September 21, 2012

September 21: Poetry Meeting and Stuff

I don't have much time for this second post.  I have to dash off to a meeting with the poetry editors at the university literary magazine.  We're finalizing the edits for the next issue.  It's a long process of proofreading, proofreading the proofreading, and then proofreading the proofreading of the proofreading.  It's a little tedious, but I love it.

I am running behind this morning, and I have a feeling I will be running behind for the rest of the day.  Such is my life.  It's always a race to bedtime.  I have grocery shopping to do.  I have a house to clean.  I have dinner to make.  My daughter has a doctor's appointment this afternoon.  My son gets off the school bus at around 3:30 p.m.  That will give me about an hour and a half to scour the bathroom, sweep and mop the floors, and vacuum the carpets.  It's going to be close.

Fridays are my favorite days of the week.  The whole weekend stretches out before me, and I don't have anything I absolutely have to do in the evening.  I can do work if I want to, or I can sit on the couch and watch Shark Tank, one of my guilty pleasures along with American Idol and America's Got Talent.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight yet.

Whatever he chooses to do, Saint Marty will be in his pajamas, possibly eating a bowl of Rice Krispies, which is his snack of choice at the moment.

My guilty pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment