Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 12: My Big Fish, Blessings, Hope

Santiago holds on to hope . . .

He watched the flying fish burst out again and again and the ineffectual movements of the bird. That school has gotten away from me, he thought. They are moving out too fast and too far. But perhaps I will pick up a stray and perhaps my big fish is around them. My big fish must be somewhere.

The old man never gives up.  He's been without a fish for 84 days.  Not so much as a nibble.  Yet, his spirit doesn't diminish.  Hope is still out there, just waiting to be hooked or speared.  

The start of 2022 has been rough.  I won't say that it couldn't get much worse, because it always can.  However, I have had blessings, as well.  Lots of them.  My wife and I recovered from COVID.  My furnace didn't need to be replaced.  And, when my tire slipped off my car, I wasn't going down the highway at 60 miles per hour, and I found help from an unexpected angel working at Superior Express Care.

So, the big fish is out there.  Somewhere.  Hope.

Saint Marty is going to trust Santiago on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment