Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 12: Feeling Old, Gabriela Mistral, "Dusk"

I am feeling old tonight.  Tired.  Angry.  Disappointed.

Don't ask me what brought this mood on.  I'm not sure.  It could be that I have a teenage daughter who is a junior in high school and thinks, at times, that she has the world all figured out.  It could be that I've been working since 6 a.m., and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight until Thursday night.  It could be the text that my sister sent me this afternoon:
Dad just told me he had a dream the other day that he and Sally were walking in heaven, "just a nice smooth walk."
Saint Marty is feeling evening closing in.


Dusk

by:  Gabriela Mistral

I feel my heart melting
in the mildness like candles:
my veins are slow oil
and not wine,
and I feel my life fleeing
hushed and gentle like the gazelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment