Thursday, May 18, 2017

May 18: Pessimism, Shel Silverstein, "Mr. Grumpledump's Song"

A lot of the time, I am a half-empty-glass person.  Pessimism is a natural state for me.  I don't ever expect things to turn out my way.  When grace falls in my lap, I sit there, stunned.  Not really sure what to do. 

Usually, my bananas have a lot of bruises.  My car door gets dinged in a parking lot.  My computer crashes when I'm paying a bill.

Just call me Saint Grumpledump.

Mr. Grumpledump's Song

by:  Shel Silverstein

Everything's wrong,
Days are too long,
Sunshine's too hot,
Wind is too strong.
Clouds are too fluffy,
Grass is too green,
Ground is too dusty,
Sheets are too clean.
Stars are too twinkly,
Moon is too high,
Water's too drippy,
Sand is too dry.
Rocks are too heavy,
Feathers too light,
Kids are too noisy,
Shoes are too tight.
Folks are too happy,
Singin' their songs.
Why can't they see it?
Everything's wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment