Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4: "Star Wars," Pastor Friend, "Ives" Dip

May the Fourth be with you.

Yes, it's Star Wars day.  Being a lifelong fan, I am ashamed to say that I did nothing to commemorate the occasion.  In my defense, I was in a car all day long, keeping my children from killing each other while finishing the grading for my poetry workshop.  I did nothing for the Dark Side.  I did nothing for the Force.  All I did was eat chips, drink pop, and think, "I wonder if Darth Vader would beat Chewbacca in an arm wrestling contest?"

I did meet my pastor friend for lunch.  It was so good to see him.  It's been over a year since we've been able to connect, and now he's moving even further downstate.  The best that I can hope for is a once-a-year visit now.  When we sat down in the restaurant, we didn't miss a beat.  The short time we had together just reminded me how much I miss having him close by.

I don't really have a pressing question to ask tonight for my Ives dip.  So, I'll ask a less-than-pressing question:

Should I write another Star Wars poem?

And the answer is: 

Ives always liked it over there, as it reminded him of happy times when he and his father used to visit Dominguez' house in Staten Island...

Well, Star Wars makes me happy.  So, I guess that's a "yes."

The Force is with Saint Marty.

These aren't the 'droids you're looking for...

No comments:

Post a Comment