Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10: The Weather Outside Is Frightful, Storm, "Web" Dip

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful."

Yes, it is.  Starting around noon, the day has slowly turned to crap.  Wind.  Snow.  Drifting.  More snow.  When I got home from work, I spent an hour snowblowing.  For my disciples from southern climates, that means that, for sixty minutes, I was pushing a snowblower up and down my driveway.  By the time I was done, I was head-to-foot ice and snow.  I looked like Big Hero 6.

And it isn't over yet.  The National Weather Service is now predicting between 24 and 36 inches by storm's end.  Three freakin' feet of snow!  That means that I will be up at 5 a.m. tomorrow, hip-deep in drifts, digging out my car.  I am already tired of winter, and it hasn't even started yet.

My daughter just found out she has no school tomorrow.  She let out an audible whoop and then started texting like crazy.  I'm sure the substance of her texts went something like, "Suck it!  I don't have school tomorrow."  We have mac and cheese, ramen noodles, hot dogs, and Doritos--all the supplies required for a snow day in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  I'm a little jealous.

I wouldn't mind this storm if I could just stay...stay in bed.  That's the best part of a blizzard.  Letting everything go to crap outside while sucking down hot chocolate inside.  Unfortunately, I have to be on the road by about 7 a.m.  Which brings me to my Web dip question:

Are we actually going to get three feet of snow?

And the answer from Charlotte is:

"That remains to be seen.  But I am going to save you, and I want you to quiet down immediately.  You're carrying on in a childish way.  Stop your crying!  I can't stand hysterics."

That remains to be seen?!!!  That's not very definitive.  That's like an answer I would give my daughter.  Her:  "Daddy, can I have an iPad for my birthday?"  Me:  "That remains to be seen."

Saint Marty's going to keep his fingers crossed.  Maybe his legs and toes, too.

Me, after snowblowing

No comments:

Post a Comment