Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7: A Funeral, Psalm 30, Trying to Stay Positive

Okay, today's post is probably going to violate my trying-to-stay-positive Lenten vow.  It's based on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary.  For those of you heathens who don't know what they are:
1)  Agony in the Garden
2)  Scourging at the Pillar
3)  Crowning With Thorns
4)  Carrying the Cross
5)  Crucifixion
They all, obviously, have to do with the passion and death of Jesus Christ.

Right after work, I'm going to pay my respects to my friend, John, whose wife died this past weekend.  I'm going with a group of people from my Book Club who also know John.  The funeral is at 7 p.m. tonight, but I have a meeting at church at 7 p.m..  Hence the PIPO (pop-in-pop-out) at 5 p.m..

So, continuing in the haiku mode, Saint Marty presents...

Psalm 30:  Mysteries of Sorrow

1.  Agony
I dress for friend's funeral
Don my van Gogh tie
Starry, starry grief

2.  Scourge
Daughter on bike
Steep hill.  Asphalt.  Ice.
Precious blood

3.  Crown
Migraine
Aura, halo.  Corona, sun.
Thorns

4.  Carrying
Wife after baby
Embolism
Hidden, fatal secret

5.  Crucifixion
Lost
Deep in the pines
I thirst

Lost in the pines

No comments:

Post a Comment