Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9: U. P. Poet Laureate Interview, Not Sounding Like an Idiot, Pulling a Kanye


This morning, I was interviewed on the local public radio station for being a finalist for U. P. Poet Laureate.  I went into the studio with one goal:  not sounding like an idiot.  I think I pulled it off.  It helped that I've know the interviewer for many years.

After the interview was over, I joked with the interviewer that, on March 16 when the winner is announced on air, if I don't win, I'm going to pull a Kanye.  Grab the mic and speak my mind.  In fact, I might even throw a few chairs around (I know that's Chris Brown, but I'm talking about revolution here).

Anyway, if you want to hear Saint Marty not making a fool of himself, click on the link below.

U. P. Poet Laureate Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment