Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 9: Fern and Avery, My Sister, Prayer for Healing

...Fern and Avery arrived, dragging a sled.  They coasted down the lane and out onto the frozen pond in the pasture.

For all of their bickering and arguments in Charlotte's Web, Fern and Avery truly love each other.  They are a typical sister and brother.  They annoy each other and care deeply about each other simultaneously.  That's pretty much the definition of family, I think.

I realized today that I haven't given any updates on my sister who's been having health problems these past few months.  Currently, she's house-bound, attached to a wound vac.  That's basically a machine that suctions out an open wound's drainage to combat infection.  My sister had another surgery a couple of weeks ago, and she's been battling nausea and more infection ever since.  I'd like to say she's getting better, but I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement.

So, tonight, I'm going to be the deeply caring brother, not the annoying one.  I'm asking you to pray for my sister's health.  I've never really seen her this . . . weak and dependent before.  Generally, she's always been a pretty independent woman.  Not so much at the moment.  And the thing that worries me the most is that she doesn't seem to really care all that much.  I don't see a whole lot of fight in her.

So, please, send some prayers and positive thoughts my sister's way.  She really needs them.

Saint Marty wants 2014 to end with happiness and healing for everybody.

 





















Brotherly love and annoyance

VOTE FOR ME FOR U. P. POET LAUREATE (voting open until December 31):

U. P. Poet Laureate Voting 

No comments:

Post a Comment