Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17: Tired From His Romp, Busy Days, Nothing Special

Tired from his romp, Wilbur lay down in the clean straw.  He closed his eyes...

Wilbur does not deal with attention well.  Even though Charlotte's little trick is going to save his life, all the visitors to the Zuckerman barn exhaust him.  All he really wants is his pile of manure and a nap.

I understand Wilbur's yearning for a little peace.  The Christmas season is building up steam.  I have so much to accomplish in the next week.  Christmas concerts.  Christmas cards.  Christmas potlucks.  Christmas poem.  Christmas shopping.  Christmas music.  And, of course, finishing up the Christmas album I've been recording.  It seems, right now, like an insurmountable list of tasks.  Right now, sleep is not an option.  I have busy days ahead of me.

After I am done typing my blog posts, I have to do a little cyber Christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews.  That will take me a good deal of time.  If I'm in bed by midnight, I will be lucky.  I'm not feeling particularly inspired tonight.  Therefore, this post will be nothing special.  In fact, it will be nothing.  Emptiness.  A post about not being able to post.

That's all Saint Marty's got tonight.

VOTE FOR ME FOR U. P. POET LAUREATE (voting ends December 31):

U. P. Poet Laureate Voting

No comments:

Post a Comment