Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2: Saint Marty on the Road

For the next four days, I will be abandoning the usual format of Saint Marty.  I will be taking a road trip, Friday through Monday.  Therefore, I will be posting only once each day.  I will also be leaving Holden and company behind, as well.  Basically, I will be writing a travelogue.  Expect descriptions of snow and flooding and pestilence, although we are avoiding Flint this time.

The reason for the trip is dance.  We are traveling to Howell, Michigan. for the Cathy Roe Dance Competition.  No, I'm not breaking out my Village People headgear to Y-M-C-A downstate.  My daughter is competing.  I will simply be driving and spending way too much money.

Tomorrow will be one of the highlights of the weekend.  I will be meeting my best friend in Roscommon for lunch.  When I called him this evening to confirm, he told me it was 78 degrees today in his neck of the woods (to quote Al Roker).  After I got off the phone with my friend, I added a pair of shorts to my suitcase.  At the moment in my little section of the Upper Peninsula, we are experiencing ice and snow and freezing rain.  To the west, a winter storm warning is in place.  Flood warnings pretty much cover the entire U.P., too.  Pretty much, it's Armageddon above the Mackinac Bridge at the moment.

My daughter just got back from a school trip to Appleton, Wisconsin.  She's tired and cranky.  She just screamed something like, "Stop it!  Stop talking to me!  I'm not going to do this anymore!"  I'm ready to strangle her.

Saint Marty doesn't want to spend nine hours trapped in a car with this creature.

Anybody know the number of a good exorcist?

No comments:

Post a Comment