Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16: Thursday is the New Friday

The title of this post is the motto of most of the college students I teach.  Since more university courses are taught Monday through Thursday, most students end up with three-day weekends.  That means the partying begins on Thursday evening, after the last class of the day.

I have to agree with my students.  On Fridays, I don't work my usual twelve-hour day.  Instead, I clean the house, run errands, and relax.  Maybe I'll watch Shark Tank in the evenings, if I feel up to it.  I try not to schedule too much.  I have even been known to knock back a glass of wine or a mixed drink on a Friday, after the kids are in bed, of course.

Today is the new Friday.  I'm already done working.  I'm simply waiting to pick my daughter up from dance class, and then I'll be on my way home.  I hope to go for a run tonight.  Then I'll shower and watch the finale of American Idol.  That's about it.  It's time to relax.

I can't think of any weekend obligations.  I have to practice on the pipe organ at church for Sunday morning's worship.  I'll probably do that Saturday afternoon.  Aside from that, I have some writing I need to get done for a local writing contest I just found out about.  I'm going to write a nature essay.  Don't laugh.  There's a first time for everything.

Saint Marty plans to kick back a little these next few days.

Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment