Monday, November 4, 2019

November 4: Walk Through the Storm, a Little irresponsible, To-Dos

" 'When you walk through the storm . . .'" it [the computer] whined nasally, "'hold your head up high . . .'"

I am going to try not to whine in my post tonight, even though I'm a little discouraged and a lot tired.  My day has been long, and the rewards have been slight.  My obligations seem to be growing for this week, and I'm not quite sure I will be able to meet all of them.

I like to think of myself as dependable, above all else.  Yet, I have always wanted to be a little irresponsible.  Not crazy irresponsible, but just enough to keep people wondering about me.  I'm not saying that I want to neglect a child or get fired from one of my jobs.  I'm saying that I want to feel undependable enough to call in sick every once in a while, not because I'm actually ill, but because I don't want to adult.  Instead, I would take the day just to focus on myself.

Tomorrow is one of those days when I am sorely tempted to do this.  However, I won't.  Because I'm too responsible.  I will show up for work tomorrow,  After work, I will take my son to his doctor's appointment.  When I'm done at the pediatrician, I have to clean my church.  Finally, I have to pull together the lesson plans for my Wednesday afternoon and evening classes.  I get tired just thinking about my list of to-dos.

However, I will set my alarm and get up tomorrow morning at my usual time.

That is just who Saint Marty is.


No comments:

Post a Comment