Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29: Quiet Night, NB and the Oscar

It's going to be a very quiet evening.  When I get home, I don't have to rush through dinner and rush my son through his bath and rush off to choir practice.  I don't have to worry about preparing for teaching tomorrow.  (My students are taking a mid-term exam, and  all I have to do is show up, hand it out, sit at my desk, and read.)  We're having leftovers for dinner, so I don't have to worry about cooking anything.  Like I said, it's going to be a very quiet evening.

For those of you who want an update on the NB/Oscar situation, I will elaborate on what has happened in the last 24 hours:

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Let me elaborate on what my course of action will be once I get home:

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I've decided it just isn't worth the effort or heartache of fighting with NB over the Oscar.  I'm not going to beg her for it.  I'm not going to threaten her for it.  I'm not going to call her bad names.  At least not in public.  I'm not going to be dragged into a battle.  I'm just too tired for that game.

I'm disappointed that I'm not going to have the Oscar.  It was something that would have given me a little happiness for a while.  However, I decided last night that I'll have to be satisfied with the knowledge that I won the Oscar competition this year.  By myself.  Fair and square.  I'm going to have to be the bigger person.

And NB is just a rotten bitch.

Saint Marty still hasn't exorcised all his demons.

Yup, not working for me, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment