Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30: Checking in with John Smolens

Forgive me for my absence last night.  I was a little preoccupied with my online course.  Posting lectures.  Putting together a quiz.  I was working until after midnight.

You must also forgive me for not starting with a quote from Annie Dillard.  I am a little too exhausted for deep thinking.  The members of my book club left a little while ago.  It was a special meeting.  My friend and colleague and author, John Smolens, was the guest.

John recently published his ninth novel, Wolf's Mouth.  That was the excuse to get him to attend.  There was ravioli with pesto, some mixed veggies, and a fruit trifle.  It was all good, and John seemed to really enjoy himself..

Tonight was another blessing for Saint Marty.  If you're keeping track, that's three positive posts in a row, sort of.  That's a record.


1 comment:

  1. If only I were close enough to be a member of your book group :-/
    First, to have the delight of seeing you regularly, next to participate in something this fun.

    I would love to hear how John is doing and where his travels have taken him lately.

    ReplyDelete