Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1: Lazy Day, Rainy Day, "Web" Dip Day

It's a lazy day.  I actually slept in 'til almost 10 a.m.  I never sleep that late.  There's a part of me that feels like I've wasted a good portion of my day if I stay in bed that long.  Obviously, my cold got the better of me.  It's amazing how an over-abundance of mucus can screw up your entire system.

It's also a rainy day.  An all-day soak, I think.  I'm sitting in Hardee's at the moment, having lunch with my wife and son.  My teenage daughter is taking advantage of her last day of summer vacation.  She's awake, but not really energetic.  She opted to stay home and do what teenage girls do with computers and iPods and cell phones.  Watch videos.  Text friends.  Play Minecraft.  OK, maybe not all teenage girls play Minecraft.  Mine does.

I pretty much did all of my class preparation yesterday, so I have no pressing work to do this Labor Day.  I have one little task to complete for the university's literary magazine.  As the new poetry editor, I have to submit a short bio for the magazine's website.  Something that says "Here's who I am and here's what I've done and please be impressed."

Well, I'm in a fairly positive mood right now.  My health is improving (I don't feel like I'm a cast member of The Walking Dead any longer).  I'm pretty much set for work for the week (just a little lesson planning and quiz making left).  And I know what I'm doing for dinner tonight (barbecue at my parents' house, if the rain lets up).

My question for this Web dip day is pretty simple:

Am I going to have a good week?

And the answer from Mr. White is:

"Is this true?" he asked.  "Is this appetizing yarn of yours true?  I like high living, and what you say tempts me."

"It is true," said the old sheet.  "Go to the Fair, Templeton.  You will find that the conditions at a fair will surpass your wildest dreams.  Buckets with sour mash sticking to them, tin cans containing particles of tuna fish, greasy paper bags stuffed with rotten..."

OK, so Templeton is going to rat Nirvana at the Fair.  That's a fairly definitive answer.

Saint Marty's week is going to be filled with sour mash and rancid tuna fish.  Fantastic.

I'm feeling better than this guy

No comments:

Post a Comment