Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6: Hobbits, Special Hot Chocolate, New Cartoon

It's Sunday, and I spent most of the afternoon in a movie theater, watching The Hobbit with my daughter.  I promised to take her to a movie while I was on vacation, and she wanted to see Peter Jackson's latest foray to Middle Earth.  Thus, it was popcorn and Bilbo Baggins.  My daughter loved it and now wants to watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.  All 500 hours of it.  Thank God winter lasts until June in the Upper Peninsula.

I'm at home now.  My son is in bed, and my daughter is practicing her flute.  After I'm done blogging, I'm going to make myself a big cup of my favorite drink in winter.  I call it special hot chocolate.  It is  hot cocoa spiked with Bailey's Irish Cream.  Let me tell you, it takes the nip out of a January night.  Heck, it takes the nip out of a July night.  If you drink enough of it, it can make you believe a January night is a July night.  For tonight, I simply want to end my day with a warm, chocolatey hug.

I've started reading Stephen King's novel 11/22/63.  It's my book club's January selection.  I've been told once I start the book, I won't be able to put it down.  My wife loved it.  My best friend Wonder Twin loved it.  Even The New York Times loved it.  Well, I'm almost a hundred pages into it, and it's getting interesting.  It still seems like it's in need of about a 500-page edit.

Maybe Saint Marty is in need of a special hot chocolate attitude adjustment.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment