Monday, February 6, 2012

February 8: Monday Tireds, Irresistible Drowsiness, Diet Mountain Dew

Yes, this post is going to be one of my I'm-so-tired-I'm-drooling-on-my-keyboard posts.  I'm sitting here, trying to come up with something witty or profound to say.  Haven't had much luck.  I did a Carol dip and came up with this passage from the end of Stave Two:

He was conscious of being exhausted, and overcome by an irresistible drowsiness; and further, of being in his own bedroom.  He gave the cap a parting squeeze, in which his hand relaxed; and had barely time to reel to bed, before he sank into a heavy sleep.


I hear Fred hired a stripper!
 Really, that's what my finger stopped on.  Not much help from Scrooge this morning.  He's just as friggin' tired as I am. Of course, Scrooge has been painting the town with the Ghost of Christmas Past.  Or maybe Scrooge stayed too late at his nephew Fred's Super Bowl party.  Whatever the reason, the old bastard is going to bed.

I, unfortunately, do not have that option at the moment.  I won't have that option for about, oh, 16 or 17 hours.  It's going to be a long day, and my can of diet Mountain Dew isn't helping me much, although it tastes pretty good.

I'm just going to have to push through the fog and hope my Titanic doesn't collide with any icebergs today.

Saint Marty's on autopilot for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment