Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6: Bad Day, Bad News, Bad Mood

Bad day.  It started out bad.  I could not wake up this morning, despite an infusion of Diet Mountain Dew and some dark chocolate M&Ms.  Mondays are usually slow in the medical office where I work.  It wasn't slow.  The phone.  Add-on surgeries.  The phone again.  Faxes.  More add-on surgeries.  Phone.  Phone.  Phone.  Missing equipment.  Phone.  Surgeries.  Phone.  Phone.  Friggin' phone.

Bad news.  About 10 a.m., I received an e-mail saying that I had to pay nearly $400 in taxes.  By next Tuesday.  I wanted to put a bullet in my temple by this time.  On top of the phone and the surgeries and the phone and the missing equipment and the phones, I had to figure out where I'm going to find $400.  I checked all my orifices and came up empty-handed.

Bad mood.  I'm in a terrible mood.  I've been in a terrible mood since about, oh, 10 a.m.  That's over twelve hours of bad mood.  I still have not arrived at any four-hundred-dollar plan.  Can't sell my blood (diabetes).  Can't sell a kidney (no connections).  Can't sell a story or poem (not from lack of trying).  That leaves me about $395 short.

That's Saint Marty's day in a nutshell.  Long on bad.  Short on cash.

3 comments:

  1. better 2 kill 4 your living!!!! or die!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a proven way to easily start your own local news website. The possibilities for profits are unlimited. You will be a favorite person in your community, a leader, and a known mover and shaker. Best of all, your news site costs you less than a weekend on the town. Fove

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you have bad news to share with your team, use these ideas to help change your approach, your expectations and likely your results. There are https://www.movieability.com things to think about that will change your approach, your expectations and likely your results when you have to be the bearer of bad news.

    ReplyDelete