Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6: Bad Day, Bad News, Bad Mood

Bad day.  It started out bad.  I could not wake up this morning, despite an infusion of Diet Mountain Dew and some dark chocolate M&Ms.  Mondays are usually slow in the medical office where I work.  It wasn't slow.  The phone.  Add-on surgeries.  The phone again.  Faxes.  More add-on surgeries.  Phone.  Phone.  Phone.  Missing equipment.  Phone.  Surgeries.  Phone.  Phone.  Friggin' phone.

Bad news.  About 10 a.m., I received an e-mail saying that I had to pay nearly $400 in taxes.  By next Tuesday.  I wanted to put a bullet in my temple by this time.  On top of the phone and the surgeries and the phone and the missing equipment and the phones, I had to figure out where I'm going to find $400.  I checked all my orifices and came up empty-handed.

Bad mood.  I'm in a terrible mood.  I've been in a terrible mood since about, oh, 10 a.m.  That's over twelve hours of bad mood.  I still have not arrived at any four-hundred-dollar plan.  Can't sell my blood (diabetes).  Can't sell a kidney (no connections).  Can't sell a story or poem (not from lack of trying).  That leaves me about $395 short.

That's Saint Marty's day in a nutshell.  Long on bad.  Short on cash.

1 comment:

  1. better 2 kill 4 your living!!!! or die!!!!!

    ReplyDelete