Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 24: Short Greeting, Still Alive, Series of Unfortunate Events

Greetings all!

I just wanted to post something short to let you know that I'm still alive (for the most part) and kicking.  I am experiencing one of those crazy confluence weeks where all kinds of things happen within a short period of time.  As I sit in my university office, wolfing down a cold piece of pizza before I teach my evening class, I'm feeling a little exhausted of work place drama and uncertainty.

For a person who is not a big fan of change, I have created a life for myself that seems to attract upheaval on a nearly constant basis.  When one part of my life is going well, another part is crumbling.  My teaching life and poet life is great at the moment.  My work days in the medical office have become a series of unfortunate events and rumors.  All of my coworkers are walking around with dark clouds above their heads.

So, that is my life at the moment.  Poetry.  Classes.  Doomsday.  Poetry.  More doomsday.  Classes.

Saint Marty will be thankful tonight for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment