Thursday, October 12, 2017

October 12: Tired but Fulfilled, Joy Harjo, "Anything That Matters"

I spent this evening in the city of Munising, and the Munising Public Library.  I met some wonderful people who are passionate about books and reading and poetry.  I don't get to say that very often.  When I meet people like that, I feel hope for the future. 

I did a reading with my poet friend, Beverly Matherne.  There was nice crowd.  Eight or ten attendees.  For poetry, that's like a rock concert.

Saint Marty is tired but fulfilled.  He is thankful today's blessings, including a great pesto and provolone sandwich from the Falling Rock Cafe.

Anything That Matters

by:  Joy Harjo

Anything that matters is here.  Anything that will continue to matter in the next several thousand years will continue to be here.  Approaching in the distance is the child you were some years ago.  See her laughing as she chases a white butterfly.



No comments:

Post a Comment